Skilled DWI Defense From A Former Orange County Assistant D.A.
If your driving privileges are being jeopardized by a driving while intoxicated (DWI) charge or a driving while ability impaired (DWAI) charge, you need skilled defense representation in your corner right away.
Attorney Michael A. Ferraro has been helping people in your position for more than 15 years. He will carefully analyze every aspect of your drunk driving arrest and turn any errors made by law enforcement to your advantage.
You can trust an experienced former assistant district attorney to know the law, identify the strategies that prosecutors use, and know how to effectively challenge the evidence against you.
Start benefiting from the legal knowledge, courtroom skills and client commitment found at Michael A. Ferraro, Esq., P.C. Contact a DWI defense lawyer today by calling 845-809-4609 from wherever you are in the Hudson Valley.
When You Can’t Afford a Bad Outcome … Call Michael A. Ferraro, Toll-Free
Michael A. Ferraro‘s practice focuses solely on criminal defense. He is able to handle every type of criminal allegation involving the following:
- Felony DWI
- Field Sobriety Tests/Breathalyzers
- DWI Penalties
- Protecting Your Driver’s License
- DWAI/DWAI Drugs
- Know Your Rights
- How to Choose a DWI Attorney
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic Violations
- Refusal hearings
- Underage Drunk Driving
- DWI Vehicular Homicide
- DWI Involving Children in the Car
- DWI Roadblocks
- First Offenders & Repeat Offenders
- Implied Consent Law
Comprehensive Defense Against All Drunk Driving Charges
Michael Ferraro’s practice focuses solely on criminal defense. He can handle every type of DWI-related criminal charges, including those involving:
- DWAI: A driving while ability impaired charge is different from a DWI charge. If an officer suspects that you are “buzzed” or are under the influence of drugs, including drugs that are legally prescribed to you, you may find yourself arrested for suspicion of DWAI. These determinations are typically more subjective than those involving a person who is over the legal limit, and attorney Ferraro will challenge any evidence held against you.
- DWI and CDL holders: If you have a commercial driver’s license, a DWI charge can put your livelihood at risk. If you were arrested for suspicion of drunk driving while driving a commercial vehicle, the legal BAC limit is significantly lower than it is for driving in a private capacity. Regardless of the situation surrounding your arrest, Michael Ferraro will fight to keep your career on track.
- Felony DWI charges: Felony drunk driving charges are taken very seriously and carry severe penalties. You face the prospect of a jail sentence, in addition to the loss of your license and heavy fines. Attorney Ferraro will work hard to attempt to have your charges dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense.
You can trust an experienced former assistant district attorney to know the law, know the strategies prosecutors use, and know-how to thwart them.
Test Results Can Be Far From Accurate
Many people believe that if they fail a field sobriety test or a Breathalyzer test, they have no choice but to plead guilty. The fact is these tests are prone to error.
Field sobriety tests are subjective and do little more than to strengthen the arresting officer’s case. Many people may find these tests physically challenging to perform, which can skew the results.
More and more evidence is coming to light showing that Breathalyzer tests are not as accurate as they were once thought to be. Human error, improperly calibrated machines and even a case of acid reflux can cause a person’s BAC to be measured at a level higher than it is. Attorney Ferraro understands how to effectively challenge these tests and their results.
Know Your Rights When You Are Stopped By The Police
People’s rights may be violated by the police when making a DWI arrest, or people may fail to assert their rights. You do not have to submit to field sobriety tests, and you do not have to answer any questions.
You do have the right to an attorney, and you should choose an attorney to meet with before answering any questions at the station. Politely exercising these rights can help you protect your driver’s license, your future, and avoid potential DWI penalties.
Contact a Newburgh DUI/DWI Attorney: Free Consultation
Contact the Cornwall, New York, law office of Michael A. Ferraro, Esq., P.C.. Your investment in experienced defense representation could be the smartest you ever made. In return, you receive the benefits of his years of experience and 24/7 availability.